Microsoft Office 365 is the productive software suite that has a line-up of utmost subscription services proffered by Microsoft. Once you have a subscription to Office 365, you can utilize the applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook, and more. To Download & Install Microsoft Office 365 on your Mac or PC, you are required to sign-up for the Office 365 app. In this blog, you will be walked through the whole procedure to sign up for a Microsoft 365 account and purchase a subscription. Continue reading to grab knowledge!
The Comprehensive Proactive Steps to Install Microsoft Office 365
The set of fruitful instructions for MS Office 365 Install is explained underneath. Give a serious glance at the below-noted stepwise directives and implement them one by one accordingly.
Step 1: Purchase A Microsoft 365 Subscription
It is however necessary to purchase a subscription to Office 365 so that you can choose the version of Office accordingly. Furthermore, you will also be able to provide your payment information during purchasing a subscription. Here’s what to perform:
- Open your preferred web browser on your Windows Desktop.
- Browse the Microsoft Office official site
- Once you are on a Welcome to Office page, click the “Sign in” tab to log in to your Microsoft account.
- Once you are logged in, you can frequently access the Office online apps and manage your Office subscription.
- Now, tap the “Buy Office” button
- Thereafter, tap “Buy Now” for the Office 365 home subscription
- If you would like to have a test drive before buying it, select “Try for Free.” And then, sign up for a 30-day trial of Microsoft Office 365.
- Now, you have to review the information located in the Cart and click the “Checkout” tab.
- Afterward, choose the Payment Method whichever you want to pay. Choose rather of a credit card, debit card, PayPal, or bank account.
- Now, enter the payment details into the given text field.
- Click “Save”.
- Finally, click the “Place order” button.
- Your order will immediately begin processing. For payment confirmation or complete transaction, you’ll receive an email receipt.
This is how you can purchase a Microsoft 365 for-home subscription to start with Microsoft Office 365 Install. Keep following the given procedures without any delay.
Step 2: Sign in To Download Office 365 On PC
After you purchase a Microsoft 365 subscription, install Office on your personal computer system. Go through the following given guidelines to know How to Install Microsoft 365:
- Use the computer system at which you want to install Office 365.
- Open any web browser on your Windows PC.
- Next, browse the “https://portal.office.com” link and if you’re not already signed in, select “Sign in”.
- Sign in to your Microsoft 365 account you associated with this version of Office.
- After your sign in, follow the steps noted beneath:
- From the MS Office 365 home web page, select the “Install Office” tab. Apps
- Click the “Install” button onto the Download and Install Microsoft 365 Home screen to begin the installation.
- This completes the download of Office 365 software to your operating device.
Step 3: Office 365 Install on Windows PC
The suitable stepwise procedures for Office 365 Install are enumerated underneath. Have a glimpse!
- Depending on the web browser you use, select “Run” (in Edge or Internet Explorer), “Setup” (in Chrome), or “Save File” (in Firefox).
- During Office 365 installation, a prompt that states “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” will appear. Click “Yes” to allow some modifications.
- The Microsoft Office 365 Install has begun now.
- Once Microsoft Office 365 is successfully installed, you will see the phrase “You’re all set! The Office is installed now.”
- In the end, click the “Close” tab.
Step 4: Activate Office 365
After MS Office 365 Install, activate the subscription that you recently bought. Here’s how to do so:
- Open one of the Office apps on your Windows PC.
- If you have Windows Vista or 7, click the “Start” button located at the lower-left corner of the screen. And then, type the name of any Office apps, like Word, Excel, or others to open any Office apps.
- If you have Windows 8 or 8.1, type the name of any Office apps on the Start screen. Doing this will open the typed Office app onto the Windows screen.
- If you have Windows 10, select the icon of the Office app in the Windows search results. This will open the Office app on your Windows 10.
- When the Office app opens, enter your Microsoft email address and password.
- Thereafter, click the “Accept” button to accept the license agreement.
- Finally, Office 365 is activated and ready to use.
- Now, you can frequently create documents and spreadsheets using the Office app on your Windows PC.
How To Install MS Office 365 On Another Windows PC?
You can install your purchased subscription to Office 365 on as many devices as you want. You can spontaneously sign in to Microsoft on five devices. Here’s what to implement:
Steps To Install Office on Another PC
- Use the computer or laptop on which you would like to Install Microsoft Office 365.
- Now, visit the Microsoft Office portal page.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Select “Install Office” to begin installing Office on another computer system.
Steps To Install Office on A Mobile Phone
- First, make sure that you have either of your own smartphone or tablet devices.
- Next, go to either of these: Google Play Store, Apple Store, or Windows Store to download the apps.
- Search for the app on the specific app store and hence start downloading the apps.
Ways To Share Your Office 365 Subscription With Others
If other members of your household do not want to buy a subscription, you can eventually share your own with them. However, you can share your Microsoft 365 subscription with five different people.
Each person with whom you share a Microsoft 365 subscription should have access to the following:
- Apps: Upgraded version of the Office apps for Windows PC, Mac computer, tablet, smartphone, and iOS.
- Cloud Storage: At least 1 TB of storage space on OneDrive.
- Skype Calls: The limit of mobile phones or landline calling time is 60 minutes per month.
- Outlook Email: Must have 50 GB of email storage space.
Start sharing a Microsoft Office 365 Home subscription using the following steps:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account using the credentials that you provide while you set up Microsoft 365.
- Tap the “Install Office” button located on the Office portal page.
- Opt for the “Sharing” tab.
- Hit a click on the “Start sharing” tab.
- On the “Share Office” window, choose either of these:
- Invite via email: Send a link to your family member through email.
- Invite via the link: Create a link, copy that link, and send it to the person via email, text message, or another preferable way.
- When the person receives the link, he/she will hassle-freely use it to Install Microsoft Office 365 on their PC. No obstacles your family members will face while installing the Office 365 application program.
How To Install Microsoft 365 For Mac?
If you use a Mac computer and want to Install Microsoft 365 For Mac, here’s the guideline you need to go through:
- From the MS-Office official site, download Office 365 on Mac PC
- Now, open the “Finder” window, go to the “Downloads” tab, and double-click the “Microsoft Office installer.pkg” file. The downloaded file name might slightly vary.
- If, in case, an error message “Microsoft Office installer.pkg can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer” appears, just wait for 10 seconds. After that, you can transfer the downloaded file to your desktop. And then, press and hold the “Control” key + click the file simultaneously to launch the installer. This time, the file will open without throwing any error.
- Now, once the installer file is opened, click “Continue” to begin the installation process.
- Review the software license agreement properly, and then click “Continue”.
- Click the “Agree” button to accept the terms and conditions of the software license agreement.
- Now, choose how you would like to install Office on your Mac device and then click “Continue”.
- Now, click the “Install” tab. But, before that, review the disk space requirements or change your install location if needed.
- Note: If you don’t want to install the entire Office suite, click the “Customize” button and uncheck the programs you don’t want.
- Afterward, enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click “Install Software”.
- Now, the software will begin to be installed.
- When the Office 365 software application is successfully installed, hit a click on the “Close” button.
Office 365 Activate Process for Mac
Here’s what you need to walkthrough:
- First, click the “Launchpad” icon in the Dock to display all of your installed Office apps.
- Now, click the “MS Word” icon on the Launchpad.
- The “What’s New in Word” window will appear automatically when you attempt to open MS Word.
- Click the “Get Started” link to start activating the MS Word application on your Mac computer.
How To Badge the Office App Icons to the Dock?
- Navigate to “Finder” > “Applications” and open the Office app whichever you want to access.
- In the Dock, press the “Control” key + right-click the app icon.
- And then, choose Options > Keep in Dock.
This is how you can transfer your office apps to Dock so that you can easily launch any app.
Need Additional Guide? Contact Us
Don’t hesitate to communicate with our talented team of Office 365 support. Nothing is required to wag off if still unable to Install Microsoft Office 365 either on PC or Mac. The tech-savvy is here for your better support and quality assistance. Just connect with them via dialing the 24×7 helpline number. The more you converse the more you grab technical knowledge regarding the installation of Office 365.